Thursday 13 August 2015

GRATITUDE REMAINS MY WATCHWORD.-Patriot Dantes Odogwu


Without much doubt, I received the news of my appointment as SA on Special Duties to the Governor of Delta State with great joy. This I had done because even if I could humbly lay claims to having laboured towards the Okowability Mandate, it remains a fact that it is quite an honour and a different ball game for the revered Excellency to find one worthy of an assignment in his Vision and Mission to transform Delta State in all ramifications.

May I therefore begin by appreciating His Excellency, the Governor of Delta State,Sen Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa for this honour done me. With God helping me,I assure him that I shall put in my best in this new assignment and may I say also that when stock of my stewardship would be taken someday, that he shall have no reasons to regret bequeathing this trust to me

Also,I wish to thank very sincerely, the Secretary to the State Government and the Commissioner of Economic Planning, Rt Hon Festus Ovie Agas and Dr Kingsley Emu respectively. Indeed,these are two persons that have come to win unreservedly, my admiration and respect. In working with them(as my bosses) particularly in relation to Media matters,I had enjoyed the rare privilege of learning from them what it takes to practically demonstrate some form of leadership style that has infused in it the virtues of humility, honesty, tenacity,craft and skill.


Definitely, all that I have learned from these great personalities I shall deploy into use in my new assignment. Once again I say 'thank you' to them for impacting my life in very profound ways.

Again I want to thank Mr Hilary Ibegbulem and Raymond Mgbakor,principal secretary and senior special assistant respectively to Gov Ifeany Okowa. My dear Hilary and Raymond, I appreciate both of you for being there severally when it mattered.

Please kindly permit folks that I appreciate Mr Fejiro Oliver and Alex Okubor;two media giants whose works not only resonate widely (in the struggle for a better Nigeria and Delta State)but also are now Comrades who have become so dear to me that I now consider them not only my companions but brothers. My guys,much respect and love to you!

Of course,always and always, I shall never fail to recognize and appreciate all the members of Deltans Diaspora (DD) spread across the world. You guys form part of the reasons that I find life worthwhile and worth living. In all of these years that I have laboured TOGETHER WITH you in the pursuit of the actualization of the Okowability Mandate, it's been my sincerest prayers that God rewards you all for your selfless and untiring labours towards our assignment. Even as I assure you now that regardless of my new role that I will not let you down,may I also encourage us to keep the embers of the 'firized' DD aglow.

Moreover, I have this urge to also assure us that our labours shall not go without rewards-yes,the Governor whom we labour FOR and WITH would come rewarding us handsomely in due time.

Furthermore,to all Deltans both at home and abroad, I express my unreserved thanks to you all for the goodwill, prayers and support that we always receive from you in any assignments that myself and my wife are privileged to be assigned. May God bless you all always and may He ensure that none of you would lack men to stand by you in your hour of need.

Lastly,I thank my beloved and amiable wife and children for standing by me through the thick and thin of life. Words cannot ever suffice to capture how I am always grateful for their love,presence,support and accommodation (especially of my strength and frailties) that all culminate in making my living an enjoyable sojourn and experience. I thank you!

In all of these,the supreme praise and thanks I return to God Almighty.

God bless our Delta State.

0 comments:

Post a Comment