Monday 2 February 2015

I Can't Cheat on my Wife - Moses Inwang



Nollywood filmmaker, Moses Inwang, is married to Emem, a former beauty queen and OA. They share their love story with Punch and he insists he can't cheat on her
 How long have you known your wife?
 Moses: We have been married for almost a year and I knew her a year before we got married.
 How did you meet?
 Emem: I met him at Emem Isong’s movie premiere and I was introduced to him as an aspiring actress. At that meeting, he told me that because I was Carnival Calabar Queen 2012 did not mean I could act. He later apologised and invited me for an audition. I was selected to play the chief bridesmaid. It was a cameo appearance.
Moses: If I considered her to be an actress, we won’t be where we are today. I didn’t look forward to getting married to an actress because I am around them all the time and I do not want my personallife to have anything to do with my job.
 Who made the first move?
Emem: He phoned me after the first meeting to ask if I would be coming to Lagos anytime soon- Valentine’s Day was around the corner then. He also said he was planning a production, so I came over.
 What are some of the qualities you admired in each other?
Moses: It was all about the calmness and difference between her and other women I had dated in the past. Even though I was dating someone else at the time, she was unlike my ex who made me unhappy. I tried to end the relationship but it was tough. My wife is so beautiful so I asked her to play the part of the bridesmaid and she ended up becoming a lot more beautiful than the bride herself. 
Emem: After spending three months with him, I realised I couldn’t spend my life with any other person. This was my first relationship and I knew that if I ended up with him, he would bring out the best in me.
 Did you have a tough time convincing her to date you?
Moses: No, I did not and she didn’t even see it coming. We both attended AY’s comedy show. When AY saw us, he said, “Moses this should be your wife.” I asked her out before the show and she said she wouldn’t have sex outside marriage. That was when I made up my mind to marry her. We didn’t date for long because it was easy to make up my mind to marry her.


Emem: I did not think I would marry a movie director, even though I wanted to be an actress.
 How did you propose to her?
Moses: I planned to buy a beautiful engagement ring. For some reason, I arrived the shop after they had closed for the day. I proposed to her with my gold necklace which had a heart-shaped pendant.
 Do you pay her when she features in your movie?
Moses: Yes, I do and it feels normal directing her. I am currently working on a movie where she will feature alongside Genevieve Nnaji.
 What lessons has marriage taught you?
Moses: There is no going back and I have this peace of mind knowing I have a good wife at home. I see other women when I go out but the knowledge that I have a more beautiful wife at home makes me less vulnerable. Getting married has helped me check myself.
 Can you cheat on your wife?
Moses: No, I don’t even think about it. Before I got married, I never cheated. I don’t have space in my life for any other person asides my wife.

0 comments:

Post a Comment