Wednesday 21 December 2016

Twitter outrage as Lena Durham says she wishes she'd had an abortion


'Girls' and self proclaimed Feminist, Lena Dunham said on the new episode of her podcast, that she wishes she'd had an abortion to fight the "stigma around this issue." She said:"Something I've thought about a lot is the fact that there is stigma around abortion,". She said this on her "Women of the Hour" podcast.
She said she remembered visiting a Planned Parenthood in Texas several years ago where a young girl asked her to join a project where women share their stories of abortion.

"I sort of jumped," Dunham said. "'I haven’t had an abortion,' I told her. I wanted to make it really clear to her that as much as I was going out and fighting for other women’s options, I myself had never had an abortion."
It was then, Dunham said, she realized "Even I, the woman who cares as much as anybody about a woman’s right to choose, felt it was important that people know I was unblemished in this department." She added,
"Now I can say that I still haven’t had an abortion, but I wish I had."
Many people thought her comments were inappropriate and  took to Twitter to express their outrage. Some of the responses below...








0 comments:

Post a Comment