Monday 13 April 2015

SENATOR OKOWA'S VICTORY IN DELTA; A BATTLE TO REMEMBER


As I waited earnestly for the Delta State Guber results to be declared by INEC, my heart was fully at peace, haven known the results from my calculation of what came to the situation room, and had it already reported on the Secrets Reporters news site. Unlike the PDP primaries where my heart literally came to a halt as the results were being counted, I knew we were coasting home to victory. And yes, the results were announced in our favor. The PDP may have won but the true victor belongs to the people who freely gave their mandate.

I looked round my hotel room and tears flowed freely from my eyes. They were not tears of joy, but tears of mission accomplished. I looked back at the journey so far, when I VOLUNTARILY joined the team and how far we have come today.

I have handled politicians media campaign but none has ever overwhelmed me like this. None has ever caused me to pray daily like this. It was a campaign that was meant to do one thing after the Niger State kidnap, make or mar my career. I looked back and knew that had I failed to deliver, I would have been a laughing stock in the media and my harsh critics.

The success of the election from the media angle is a proof that you can being in the opposition and build bridges with other media gurus and make your principal a saint, without argument from other journalists. Yes, it was a compromise reached and it has paid off. A story never to be told now.

I have stepped on toes and broken the hearts of many. I have been a rebel to my precious tribe of the Urhobos and constituted a threat to the government of the day, all in a bid to deliver. For someone like me that love the social life, I had to avoid the public places and club houses for fear of being attacked or picked up by anyone just to get the job done. I know that I crossed the thin line between brotherhood and friendship just for my political interest. I still know that my actions have torn parents and children apart who had to go on different political lines. In all of this, I take the whole blame for any negative role I may have played in the course of my duty.

For me, it was all a matter of interest where the state was supreme to tribal worshiping and political alliance. To me, the prosperity of Deltans was constant like the Northern Star than the lure of millions. It was all about the tomorrow that I saw. And if I have stepped on toes due to my belief, I apologise. It was all politics. I am most grateful to all of you that kept me on my foot especially Eloho Emonefe, Stephen Dieswaru, Ogegere Enis, Ophori Etaoghene and the critics in Liberate forum; you made my job more beautiful. Thank you for the love and banter we share in promoting our various candidates.

To my elder brother and leader whom I remain loyal to, Dr Fred Latimore, thank you for the love and sense of brotherhood we share. You proved beyond doubt that while we play leading roles in various parties, there exist a bond beyond party alliance. To my friend, brother, comrade and leader, Izeze Rume Reuben, the Legislator Elect for Ughelli South, thank you for making me know what total loyalty mean. If only Gov Uduaghan knew what you did for him, you will be his man Friday. Thank you for your stand with Okowa despite the pressure. This taught me lessons you just may not know.

To my Governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan, thank you for proving that you are a true party man and a father to me. Despite my seeming controversial nature, you never relented in your support to your friend and brother, whom your LGA delivered 100%. I apologise if I have hurt you in anyway. It was all minor disagreement between a father and a son. From the depth of my heart, I do love you. Thank you for the communication we share while hoping to see you soon.

I hold all of you whom I may have disagreed with in high esteem and always will do. While I think of where to go on for vacation to rest from this worthy job executed, I hereby dismantle all my amour mounted for this battle and sign off while I get ready to holding Okowa accountable to all his campaign promises and also setting agenda for him beginning from next week. Haven delivered my three choice candidates in Muhammadu Buhari for President, Abubakar Sani Lolo as Niger State Governor Elect and the biggest of all Senator Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa (SIAO) as Delta Governor Elect whicj is 3/3, I am joining back the campaign for ‪#‎ReleaseOduduUkpanah‬ by putting his picture back as my profile .

Thank you Urhobos for understanding me. Thank you Deltans for believing in my brand of campaign. Thank you Deltans for giving Okowa your mandates.

Signed: Fejiro Oliver

0 comments:

Post a Comment