Saturday 23 August 2014

The President Said He Doesn’t Have Any Money To Give -Omoni Oboli

Omoni Oboli-OnoBello-814_280x197

If there is one Nollywood actress who has made history recently in her movie premiere, it is Omoni Oboli, the lady who had taken her movie, Being Mrs Eliot to Aso Rock.

The event had attracted the President, his vice, senators and other top government officials. If you think that the actress came home with bags of money , that may not be true.

“It wasn’t about money. When they told us that they would give us audience to do the screening,they asked me what I wanted and I said I wanted nothing.

“All I said is that they should see the movie and give their blessings, that, that alone is for the industry. The president even said it at the event that he doesn’t have any money to give.

“ So if anybody is saying something else, it’s their problem. It’s the same small purse I went with that I came back with.

“After the event, I and my colleagues came back to Lagos the next day. I didn’t stay back in Abuja. No money was given.

“Money wasn’t really the motivation. It wasn’t as if I didn’t need money, I did. In fact, many times I was broke and I needed money badly. I was brought up in a way that you don’t do a bad thing because you need money

0 comments:

Post a Comment