Tuesday 26 August 2014

Delta 2015: Ochei denies pulling out of guber race

Hon. Ochei

Former Speaker of Delta State House of Assembly, Hon Victor Ochei, has denied abandoning his ambition to govern the state in 2015.

Ochei, who resigned as Speaker in March this year, following an impeachment scare, reiterated his determination to win the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He said he is embarking on statewide consultation with stakeholders to sell his candidacy.

Ochei, who represents Aniocha North, emphasised that his resignation as Speaker has not dampened his zeal to run for the number one position in the state.

He stated: “I am in the race. My removal as Speaker did not in any way dampen my morale as far as his quest for the ticket is concerned. I am presently holding series of meetings with my supporters and other political leaders across the state.

“I have what it takes to govern the state. I never dropped out, as was being speculated when I was removed as Speaker. I am strongly running for the governorship.”

To demonstrate his resolve, Ochei said that he has since mounted billboards, proclaiming his ambition, on the Benin-Asaba Expressway and other major roads across the state.

Twenty-seven out of the 29 members of the House had last March endorsed an impeachment notice against Ochei, citing lack of transparency and high-handedness on his part.

Ochei resigned his position before being impeached.

(The Sun)

0 comments:

Post a Comment