Saturday 23 August 2014

How My Love For Fela Kuti Inspired Me - Zaina

sfd-Zaina_280x163

Zaina is armed with a melodious vocal chords that would always attract you to your songs, not only her voice that would face you to stare at her but her sultry look.

She recently did this hit track, Sare Wale and she has revealed that it was her love for the late musician, Fela Anikulapokuti that had caused her to do the song.

The producer of the song Shizzi, and Zaina happen to both be huge Fela enthusiasts, so it wasn’t much of a surprise when he played Zaina the beat.

“After listening once, I let my creativity take the driver’s seat and started to freestyle whatever came to mind at that time.

“Seventy five percent of the song was created at that moment. It all came together naturally and spiritually,” she said.

On how she was able to blend into the afro beat genre: “I would actually say my back ground is more afrobeat than R n B.

“Even though I was raised in the U.S, I grew up listening and knowing all of Fela’s music, as well as Fuji musicians and High-life.

“As an entertainer I would consider my ability to confidently blend my western background with my Nigerian background as my selling point and entertain my audience.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment