Saturday 27 February 2016

Murdered MTN staff’s phone found with land agent

•The suspect Abidun & •The victim David

Operatives of the Lagos state investigation Bureau have arrested a 46-year-old land agent for been in possession of a phone of an MTN staff who was murdered on his way to work. It was learned that, the suspect identified as Abidioun Fabore, was nabbed after police investigations revealed that he was using the smart phone of David Olatunji Olawunmi who was murdered around tipper garage bus stop in Mowe.

Late David Olatunji Olawunmi left his house in Goshen Estate, Redeem Camp in Mowe at about 5:30 am to join their staff bus at Mowe tipper Garage but was robbed and stabbed to death by unknown hoodlums. His body was later recovered at tipper garage without his phone According to a close family relative (names with held) who spoke to Crime Guard. Said the source: “It was his wife who lives outside the country that alerted us (family members) that something was wrong, as she was speaking with him on the phone early that morning when all of a sudden the line went dead.

According to his wife they were both discussing that morning when he was going to work. She said ‘Later I didn’t hear anything again from his end. I called his line back severally, but it was unanswered. Later the line was switched off’. It was at this point she became suspicious and called us to help her reach her husband. True to her suspicion, when we called David’s line it was switched off and when we sent someone later to his place his corpse was found at the bus stop in Mowe.   Thereafter we alerted the police and his corpse was deposited at the mortuary.”

It was gathered that after the ugly incident, one Mr. Wale , on behalf of the deceased family reported through a petition to the Commissioner of Police that on the 21st  of October his brother named David Olatunji Olawunmi, a staff of MTN communication who left his house in Goshen Estate Redeem Cap Mowe at about 5:30 am to join their staff bus at Mowe tipper garage was robbed and stabbed to death by unknown hoodlums. His body was later found at tipper garage without his phones.

According to the police, during investigation, the analysis conducted on one of the victim’s phones revealed that the phone was used on the October, 22, 2015 days after the victim’s death. It was further revealed that the said subscriber was one Biodun Fabore. He was consequently arrested and on interrogation, he admitted being the owner of the sim card. He claimed to have bought the said phone but could not produce the source. He also claimed to have given the phone to one of his boys who he could not produce.

Suspect account

According to 46-year-old Abidioun Fabore, “I am a land agent; I have two wives, and I have four children. My first wife, a hairdresser gave birth to three while the second who rents film bore one for me.

I didn’t steal the phone; neither did I kill the owner of the phone. I actually bought the phone from one Idowu for N11, 000. Idowu lives in my neighbourhood. I am not lying. Idowu is known as Yaya in Ikorodu while he bears Idowu at Mowe. We work together as land agents.

The annoying aspect is that sometime after I bought the phone from Idowu, he stole in one of the building sites where we worked. That was when we chased him away. We had to meet with the Baale of the community and report the activities of Idowu to him; it was the Baale that chased him out. Right now he has escaped to Ikorodu area.

Sometime in January, the police arrested my wife during investigation, they invited me but I refused to go because I didn’t know the crime she committed. I thought she was arrested because of a land issue . If I knew it was this phone issue I would have showed myself. I would have arrested the people who sold the phones to me. After my wife was granted bail she traced Idowu to his house in Mowe but he is at large.

0 comments:

Post a Comment