Wednesday 22 July 2015

Jonathan Paid People To Attack Me Over My Book – Obasanjo


Nigeria’s former president Olusegun Obasanjo has again accused the immediate past president Goodluck Jonathan of paying people to attack him.

Speaking on Channels TV on July 21, Chief Obasanjo alleged that Jonathan paid people to attack him over his controversial book “My Watch”. He also claimed that the ex-president paid an activist from the South-West to criticize him.

Speaking about his book, Obasanjo stressed that he had no regrets on what he wrote, advising those who do not like his book to write theirs.
Responding to the criticism trailing “My Watch”, Obasanjo said: “ If I have to react to all criticisms people write about me, which most of them are not true, then, I will not have time to do anything really again”.
Chief Obasanjo noted that his critics, including the Nigerian Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka, did not bother him.
“Wole Soyinka and I have been having running battle. As he has said that it will not end until one of us leaves this world and I have said in this book we are talking about that If he leaves before me, when I get to Heaven and I hope he will be there, he should welcome me. But If I leave before him, I wiil welcome him.
“Wole Soyinka is a gifted man, I have always acknowledged that, but he is a bad politician or poltiical analyst and it is my own point of view, he may agree with my own point of view or disagree,” he said.

Several days ago Obasanjo stated that the Niger Delta region will be negatively affected because of the actions and inactions of Goodluck Jonathan.

This comment made by the former president after delivering a convocation lecture at the Benson Idahosa University, angered Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state.

The governor stressed that the people of the region had already demonstrated their support of Jonathan by voting overwhelmingly for him on March 28 despite the gang-up orchestrated by Obasanjo and his allies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment