Friday 25 November 2016

You won't believe these adorable pets are actually cakes


British baker Emma Jayne Morris, 46 is the creator of these cakes which are made to look like dogs.
Emma who started baking six years ago and runs her own cake business, says:

 "I made the British bulldogs after I was asked to make a special dog cake for Cake International magazine.The cake design is actually based on two real dogs named Bear and Duchess who belong to a family member.
 "I used photographs of the pair from several angles to help me to get the detail right. It was quite difficult to sculpt the sponge because the shape is so complicated.
"I started by making the eyes out of fondant icing and then I made the faces.used edible coloured dust to build up the colour around their heads before using an airbrush tool to paint the rest of the body. I've always had a passion for art, so getting the colour and the decoration right was really fun for me."
 More photos below...






0 comments:

Post a Comment