Tuesday 21 June 2016

Attribute Your Success To God, Not Man, Says Okowa





... As PDP Chairman, Esiso Gives Thanks To God

DELTA State Governor, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa has said, success can only come from God and man should not take credit for what God has done.

Speaking on the (19/06/16) at a thanksgiving service by the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Delta State, Barr. Kingsley Esiso at the Living Faith Church, also known as Winners Chapel, Sapele, Governor Okowa observed that nobody can take credit for the success of another man other than God.
"In everything we do, it is important that we recognize the fact that it is only God that can make it happen," he said, noting that the book of Psalms made it clear that help comes from God.

"No man can help you unless God has ordained it, so, always give credit to God for everything," the Governor emphasized.
While congratulating Barr. Esiso for emerging as the Chairman of the PDP in the state, Governor Okowa urged him to brace up for future challenges, stating that he should be prayerful for God to enable him surmount challenges that goes with such positions.

"You can only get strength from God; if not for The Lord who is on your side, you will not be where you are today, it is not about Governor Okowa," he stated, adding, "give thanks to God, trust in Him and His grace will come abundantly on you because, If you trust Him, He will be able to do a lot of things for you."

He used the occasion to thank Deltans for their support, and urged them to extend same to all political office holders.
 
The Governor said, "we are in a very critical time as a nation and we should pray for our leaders rather than curse them; from the Presidency, the Governor to the lowest leader, learn to pray for them because, I believe that as the church prays, The Lord will heal the land."
 
Barr. Esiso at the occasion said he deserved to thank God for His blessings and traced his relationship with Governor Okowa to eleven years ago and since then, he has every reason to thank God.
"I am here to say God, thank you, I am here to appreciate God Almighty for His goodness in my life and the life of my family; when God speaks to you, listen because, my God told me that when there is no way, God will open a way for you," he said, disclosing, "about 11 years ago, I was in my house in Sapele when Dr, Okowa called me to meet him in Commissioners quarters in Asaba, then, he was the Commissioner for Health; he said, Kingsley, please, come and work with me, you will not be working for me but, you will be working for yourself, I keyed very seriously, commitedly and efficiently to my Governor, he is a promise keeper."
 
He added, "I want to appreciate every member of our party, the PDP for your support, if God can do it for me today, He can do it for you and I am also thanking God for the numerous things He is doing in my life."
 
Earlier, Pastor Israel Olajide, District Pastor, Sapele has urged Christians to rely on "God's favour, you will not labour in vain, you need Jesus to have rest, with Jesus, peace will come to you."
Eminent personalities from the state and beyond attended the ceremony.

0 comments:

Post a Comment